EP 61 – How to Find a Mentor
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021
“New goals require new mentors.” Jovana Miljanovic
In this week’s episode, we talk about finding a perfect mentor – which also stands for coaches, therapists, or trainers. Just like dating, we cannot expect a perfect match, or the ideal person, on the first date. It takes time, for both sides.
Even when we find what we were looking for, it doesn’t mean that’s going to be perfect forever. There was a time, after surgery, when I had a therapist and only one goal – to recover and get back in shape. Soon as I started to feel better, I’ve set new goals. It doesn’t mean that the previous ones were bad – they were perfect for the time and place I was then!
The truth is that every time we start a new chapter, we set up new desires and new goals. Those goals require new mentors. Tune in and find out how to find the best ones!
What you will discover:
- How much time our brain and heart need for all info to sink, from what we can decide if someone is the right person for us (at the moment)
- Jovana’s recovery back-story
- Someone to relate with: What characterizes a perfect mentor?
- Different kinds of a push: Would you rather have someone direct and concise or someone more emotional and supportive?
- Perfect Fit Tips: Checking your mentors out with free trials and testimonials
- Inner growth: How to get comfortable with your mentors
“The most important measurement of success is how you feel after.”